Saturday, October 01, 2005

Hopping=Running?


So it's been about a week and a half since I started my newest physio exercises, which include hopping in place and running in place for a minute. I'm getting fairly desperate to start running again, but it's hard to tell sometimes if all things I am doing are ultimately going to help or not. In fact, I think my physiotherapist is starting to wonder too. On the plus side, I can walk without a great deal of leg pain now, so things have improved. There are days when someone runs past me and I just want to take off after them, pain be damned, but then I would just curse myself later, and hobble when I walk, so there is this internal battle in my head all the time. I am looking forward to walking the ambulance chasers race and I hope to finish in a reasonable time.
This weekend Len and I are going to see the Rachmaninoff concert at the JSCH which we are looking forward to. It is a fundraiser for a local Buddhist monastery and it should be really good. On Wednesday we saw the Goldberg variations, adapted for strings, with the CPO and it was excellent. I love the sound of the harpsichord, oddly enough it gives me the same great feeling as the sound of the pedal steel guitar. I know they have very different sounds, but they both make me happy. I am looking forward to the Handel and Co. concert on Oct. 19 because they are going to be playing the Carthy organ, which I haven't heard yet, but apparently is awe inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home